2019 Yamaha VMAX
Born With Muscles
An iconic machine that carries clout with its powerful 1679cc engine delivering drag racing style and performance.
- Power Unrelenting: The ultimate power cruiser delivers unmatched performance from its 65-degree, four-valves-per-cylinder, 1679cc V-four—producing eye opening amounts of perfectly controllable acceleration, flowing from a compact engine that looks as powerful as it is.
- Advanced Ride-by-Wire Throttle: Downdraft four-bore fuel injection with YCC-I® intake technology and YCC-T® fly-by-wire throttle provide awesome acceleration throughout the broad powerband.
- High-Tech Aluminum Chassis: Lightweight aluminum chassis puts the engine low and forward for mass centralization, resulting in a machine designed to handle curves as well as straightaways.
- Performance Technology: Borrowing liberally from advanced sportbike technology, VMAX® features a slipper clutch, wave-style brake discs, ABS, and complete suspension adjustability front and rear.
- Unmatched Fit and Finish: Functionality and forward-thinking style uniquely combine with features like oxidized-titanium-coated 52mm front fork tubes, magnesium engine side covers, fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank and the organic electroluminescence multifunction display.
- Power Unrelenting: The thunderous 1679cc, 65-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected four valves-per-cylinder, DOHC engine pumps out astonishing power to reinvent the VMAX legend. You've never experienced anything like it.
- Variable Length Intakes: The superbike-proven Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) switches nearly instantaneously between 150mm and 54mm height intake funnels as needed for a broad powerband that delivers optimum performance at any rpm.
- Ride-by-Wire Throttle: Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T), the fly-by-wire system, delivers optimum acceleration under all conditions.
- Compact Cam Drive: Cams are driven by a combined chain and gear system to precisely control valves while keeping cylinder heads remarkably compact for such a large displacement engine.
- Race-derived Combustion: Engine combines four-valve technology with a high 11.3:1 compression ratio, forged aluminum pistons and NGK® Iridium spark plugs with R1-type direct ignition coils to extract maximum horsepower from the fuel charge.
- Slipper Clutch: Hydraulically activated clutch includes racetrack-proven ramp-type slipper clutch system that makes braking from speed while downshifting smoother.
- Robust Five Speed Transmission: Five-speed transmission has superbly spaced gear ratios to take full advantage of the engine's awesome power in straight-line acceleration or through the canyons.
- Unique Shaft Drive: Delivering this power cruiser's muscle to the street means a beefy shaft drive. Special shaft design includes two cross joints to accommodate the fat 200/50R18 rear tire.
- V-four Voice: Four-into-one-into-two-into-four exhaust system with EXUP® delivers a broad, seamless powerband with the right VMAX look… and a sound unlike anything on two wheels.
- High Volume Cooling: The high-performance engine is cooled by two radiators for efficiency and clean looks. Lubrication is via a simple, reliable wet sump system.
- Custom Styling: The iconic VMAX aluminum intake covers are hand buffed by craftsmen for superb quality and individuality.
- Huge, High-tech Fork: Cartridge-damper-type front forks have substantial 52mm inner tubes with oxidized titanium coating. Forks have both compression and rebound damping adjustability plus spring preload.
- High-Tech Aluminum Chassis: The chassis is light and compact, with a cast aluminum main frame, Controlled-Fill die-cast and extruded aluminum rear frame and cast aluminum swingarm.
- Class Leading Brakes: VMAX uses Brembo® master cylinders, the front with radial pump master cylinder. Large 320mm wave-style dual front discs are matched to radial-mount monoblock 6-piston calipers. On the rear wheel, there's a 298mm wave design disc and single-piston caliper. These high-tech brakes also incorporate advanced ABS.
- Fully Adjustable Remote Reservoir Shock: Link-type Monocross® rear suspension has a remote reservoir and features compression and rebound clickers plus remote preload adjustment.
- Beefy Handlebar: Tapered handlebar provides a muscular 1-1/8" diameter look at the triple clamp while using conventionally sized controls.
- Grippy Radial Tires: 18-inch radial tires, 120/70R18 front and 200/50R18 rear, are mounted on cast aluminum five-spoke wheels.
- Underseat Fuel Tank: For mass centralization that contributes to the bike's lean looks, the 4-gallon fuel tank is mounted under the seat, with the filler under the rider's backrest.
- Calculating Power: The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) uses three microprocessors to control fuel injection, ignition, YCC-T, YCC-I, meters and other electrical components.
- Drag-style Instruments: The instrument panel includes an analog, step-motor driven tachometer, and digital speedometer with LED indicator lights. Prominent LED shift timing indicator adds to the performance character of the VMAX.
- OLED Display: Organic electroluminescence multifunction display provides a more precise display vs. LCD and includes clock, fuel meter, trip meter with fuel reserve trip meter, transmission gear position, coolant temperature, stop watch, and more.
- Bright Lighting: H4 60/55W headlight provides excellent visibility and distinctive style, while the trick-looking LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
- Engine Type: 102-cubic-inch (1679cc) liquid-cooled 65 deg. V-four, DOHC; 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 90.0mm x 66.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension / Front: 52mm telescopic cartridge fork w/oxidized titanium coating. Fully adjustable preload, compression and rebound; 4.7 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock w/remote reservoir and remote adjustable for preload, compression and rebound; 4.3 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm wave-type discs; radial mount 6-piston calipers, Brembo® radial pump master cylinder
- Brakes / Rear: 298mm wave-type disc, single-piston caliper and Brembo® master cylinder
- Tires / Front: 120/70R18
- Tires / Rear: 200/50R18
- L x W x H: 94.3 in. x 32.3 in. x 46.9 in.
- Seat Height: 30.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 66.9 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): n/a
- Trail: n/a
- Maximum Ground Clearance: n/a
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 27 mpg
- Wet Weight: 683 lb. / CA model 686 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 65 deg. V-four, DOHC; 16 valves
- 102 cu.in. (1679cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 90.0mm x 66.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 5-speed, multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 52mm telescopic cartridge fork w/oxidized titanium coating. Fully adjustable preload, compression and rebound; 4.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock w/remote reservoir and remote adjustable for preload, compression and rebound; 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm wave-type discs; radial mount 6-piston calipers, Brembo® radial pump master cylinder
- Rear Brakes
- 298mm wave-type disc, single-piston caliper and Brembo® master cylinder
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 66.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal.
- 27 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 683 lb. / CA model 686 lb.
- Matte Raven Black
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)