2018 Yamaha FJR1300ES
TOURING WITH PRECISION
The FJR1300ES™ features a 6-speed transmission, lead angle sensitive cornering headling system, plus electronically adjusted suspension.
- Putting the “Sport” in Supersport Touring: The FJR1300ES features a compact and lightweight, 1298cc, DOHC, 16 valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine that delivers superb power and torque for unequaled muscular acceleration across the RPM range.
- Six-Speed Transmission: The FJR1300ES features a compact six-speed transmission, with ratios providing evenly spaced gearing for sporty riding with a tall 6th gear for relaxed highway riding. Additionally, the transmission gears are designed to offer smooth, quiet running ideal for long distance riding.
- Advanced YCC-T Engine Control and Rider Aids: Yamaha’s exclusive Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) is a ride-by-wire system that provides crisp, seamless throttle response. YCC-T also allows for other advanced systems that are ideal for Supersport Touring such as traction control, cruise control and D-Mode adjustable engine mapping.
- Lean Angle-Sensitive LED Lighting System: The FJR1300ES utilizes Yamaha’s advanced LED lean-angle sensitive lighting system that allows riders to ‘see through’ corners for incredible illumination and improved low-light vision. The FJR1300ES is the first Yamaha motorcycle to feature this technology.
- Adjustability for Rider and Passenger Comfort: A range of features make the FJR1300ES the ideal travel companion, including adjustable ergonomics, a push-button adjustable windscreen, a plush seat designed for rider and passenger, integrated hard luggage and a large 6.6 gallon fuel tank.
- Six-Speed Transmission: The FJR1300ES features a compact six-speed transmission, with ratios providing evenly spaced gearing for sporty riding with a tall 6th gear for relaxed highway riding. Additionally, the transmission gears are helically cut, for smooth, quiet running, with separated gear dogs for excellent transmission performance.
- Assist-and-Slipper Clutch: The FJR1300ES features an assist-and-slipper clutch unit that provides additional clutch plate clamping force under engine torque, as well as reduced force under back-torque from the rear wheel. This allows for the use of lighter clutch springs - reducing clutch lever effort by approximately 20% - as well as smoother, more refined downshifting.
- Effortless, Big-Bore Thrust: The FJR1300ES features a compact 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine that delivers superb power and torque, for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range. The engine is always ready to respond with strong passing power, even with a passenger and full load of luggage aboard.
- Advanced Engine Design: The slant-block motor design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts to minimize engine size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling. Inside, lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding durability and performance.
- Traction Control: The FJR1300ES’s Traction Control System detects tire slip and adjusts ignition timing, fuel injection volume, and throttle valve opening to help prevent uncontrolled wheelspin. The system is designed to let the operator ride on roads that have limited traction with greater confidence.
- Cruise Control: Cruise control makes touring a breeze, adjusting a set speed via a single push to the switch or, for larger adjustments, by continuously pushing the switch. A resume function returns the cruise control to the most recent setting, while activating the brakes, clutch or throttle return releases the cruise control.
- Advanced Ride-by-Wire Fuel Injection: The FJR1300ES makes use of Yamaha’s Chip Controlled Throttle (YCCT), a ride-by-wire system that provides crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude and weather conditions—ideally matched to the refined and sporty nature of the FJR.
- Adjustable D-Mode Throttle: Thanks to the flexibility provided by YCC-T, the FJR1300ES gives riders a choice of two throttle response modes to best suit preferences and riding conditions. T-Mode provides a smooth throttle response, ideal for touring, while the S-Mode maximizes performance response for a sportier, more aggressive character.
- Compact and Efficient Shaft Drive: The FJR1300ES features a clean, quiet running and extremely durable shaft drive to the rear wheel. Built to handle the big mileage numbers touring riders rack up, the shaft drive system require minimal maintenance and lets the rider focus on the journey.
- High Efficiency Dual Exhaust: The four-into-one-into-two stainless-steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband, with a clean-running catalyst for reduced emissions.
- Lean Angle-Sensitive LED Cornering Headlights: The bold face of the FJR1300ES uses bright, high-efficiency LED lighting, featuring Yamaha’s advanced cornering headlight system. Above the quad-element LED headlight assembly, six LED units illuminate sequentially to shine through turns, controlled by Yamaha’s IMU technology. The headlights also feature toolless adjustment of headlight angle to account for vehicle loads. Finally, the LED tail lamp assembly combines visibility, style and quality.
- Aerodynamic Bodywork: Headlined by the LED headlight system, the FJR1300ES’s stylish, supersport-inspired bodywork with integrated airflow management keeps the rider comfortable. A central vent beneath the instrument panel reduces negative pressure for less buffeting, and adjustable fairing side panels let the rider direct lower body airflow.
- Adjustable Everything: A good touring machine adapts to the rider, and the FJR1300ES is ready and willing. The plush, thick saddle offers plenty of comfort and is adjustable over 0.8 inches without tools. The handlebars can be set to one of three positions to fine-tune rider ergonomics. And the windscreen is electronically adjustable over a range of 5.1 inches.
- Electronically Adjustable Suspension: Electronically adjusted suspension makes finding the right setting as easy as pushing a button. With four pre-load settings, three damping presets, and an additional seven damping fine-tuning adjustments, the FJR1300ES suspension can be dialed-in to meet the needs of the rider, passenger and the riding conditions.
- Powerful, Secure Braking: Advanced brakes front and rear provide exceptional braking power and control, and are linked via Yamaha’s Unified Braking System, for balanced braking power. ABS further boosts rider confidence by preventing wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- High-Strength Aluminum Frame: Similar to Yamaha’s supersport machines, the FJR1300ES features a beefy aluminum frame to provide an ideal balance of chassis stiffness and feedback, with a long swingarm to provide enhanced traction and improve rear suspension action.
- Large Fuel Tank: The ergonomically-shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort, generous range and is constructed from steel, allowing for the use of magnetic tank bags.
- Thorough Instrumentation: The three-part instrument panel provides riders with all the information they need while enjoying the road, including trip computer functions, riding modes and more. Riders can easily customize the dot-matrix multi-function display to show the information they want with a flick of the bar-mounted switchgear, too.
- Integrated Luggage: Subframe-fitted, quick-release luggage mounts allow easy use of the standard fitted hard side cases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key. Each case is designed to match the lines of the FJR1300ES, provide plenty of storage space, and thanks to the compact mounting system, overall vehicle width is minimized for in-town maneuverability.
- Standard Heated Grips: The FJR1300ES includes heated grips straight from factory, adjustable through the multi-function instrumentation, with four settings (three settings plus off) of available heat for cooler conditions and foul weather.
- Fairing-Mounted Storage: A glove box is built into the upper fairing and includes a 12V outlet ideal for charging phones, GPS units, electric vests and other compact electrical devices.
- Engine Type: 1298cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0mm x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection with YCC-T
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate assist-and-slipper wet clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension / Front: 43mm inverted fork with electronically adjustable rebound and compression damping; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock with electronically adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm discs; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 282mm disc; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 87.8 in. x 29.5 in. x 52.2 - 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 31.7 or 32.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 60.8 in.
- Rake (Castor Angle): 26.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.3 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 4.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 36 mpg
- Wet Weight: 642 lb. (CA model 644 lb.)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 79.0mm x 66.2mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection with YCC-T
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate assist-and-slipper wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 43mm inverted fork with electronically adjustable rebound and compression damping; 5.3-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with electronically adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 4.9-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm discs; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 282mm disc; Unified Brake System and ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 60.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.7 or 32.5 in.
- 26.0 deg.
- 4.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal.
- 36 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 642 lb. (CA model 644 lb.)
- Matte Phantom Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)