2018 KTM 690 Enduro R
Dynamic cornering fun
Powerful engine, cool look, fantastic chassis set-up and optimum ergonomics - the KTM 690 Enduro R unites outstanding offroad qualities with unbeatable all-round ability - plus a shape radically optimized. It feels just as at home in the city and on rural roads as it does on gravel and tough terrain. The even more advanced single-cylinder combines the classic Enduro concept with state-of-the-art technology and sporty all-round ability with suitability for everyday use. Perfect workmanship and impressive details reflect the typical KTM philosophy.
- With twin plug ignition and ride-by-wire, the state-of-the-art, water-cooled LC4 single-cylinder on the 690 Enduro R delivers an impressive 49 kW (67 hp) from 690 cc of displacement.
- Engine: The engine combines powerful acceleration from the very lowest revs with an outstanding free-revving nature and refined engine running. Another big plus: It's extremely economical with fuel.
- Slipper clutch: Annoying rear wheel chatter? Prevented reliably by the slipper clutch that's fitted as standard.
- Balancer shaft: The finely balanced crank drive of the 690 single-cylinder converts terrific combustion pressure into unrivalled single-power - thanks to its balancer shaft, which eliminates vibration without having any detrimental effect on the super-single.
- Injection / Engine Management: The guarantee for smooth throttle response, not just throttle cable control: The 690 Enduro R is equipped with a cable-free ride-by-wire system for opening the throttle valve. This significantly improves the power delivery, making the potent single-cylinder's throttle response and ride quality even smoother. It also electronically translates the throttle commands of the rider into throttle valve positions perfectly suited to the riding conditions. As before the rider has the choice between three different mappings for influencing the engine characteristics. A twin plug ignition system now controls two differently sized spark plugs in each cylinder head independently from each other in such a way that more efficient combustion and a smoother, optimally controlled combustion sequence are achieved at all times. The result: even more and even better controlled power, lower fuel consumption, and less emissions.
- Long service intervals: Besides its fuel efficiency the 690 ENDURO R saves its owner even more money, thanks to long service intervals of 10,000 km.
- Ride-by-wire: The guarantee for smooth throttle response, not just throttle cable control: The 690 Enduro R is equipped with a cable-free ride-by-wire system for opening the throttle valve. This significantly improves the power delivery, making the potent single-cylinder's throttle response and ride quality even smoother. It also electronically translates the throttle commands of the rider into throttle valve positions perfectly suited to the riding conditions.
- Frame and swingarm: Despite its thoroughbred offroad chassis, the 690 Enduro R also numbers among the curve-bandits on the road. Two major contributors to its excellent tracking stability are the lightweight tubular trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel and the high-quality die-cast swingarm - both of them extremely torsion-resistant.
- Suspension components: By professionals for everyone: The KTM 690 Enduro R's WP upside-down fork, with a whole 250 mm of suspension travel and 48 mm outer tubes, is adjustable in many ways and masters the balancing act between everyday, road and offroad use with the greatest of ease. It is designed as a split fork with separate damping circuits (compression damping on the left fork tube, rebound damping on the right) that can be adjusted independently from each other. This means that they cannot interact as they do in conventional open bleed systems - thus guaranteeing even sportier, more purposeful and rider-optimized ride characteristics. The pivot-arm articulated WP pressurised-gas monoshock with 250 mm of travel even features high-speed and low-speed compression adjustment.
- Brakes: The KTM 690 Enduro R's extremely powerful and easily applied Brembo® brakes are equipped with lightweight wave brake discs. They defy every hardcore use, no matter whether hitting the gas through a labyrinth of curves or coming down a mountain in heavy terrain.
- Ergonomically optimized tank fairings are augmented by the comfortable seat and the ideally angled, wide aluminum handlebar to form a perfect arrangement that makes controlling the KTM 690 Enduro R extremely simple – both on the road and offroad. Its tyres, robustness and superb handling help provide the 690 Enduro R with remarkable versatility and perfect vehicle control both on the road and off.
- ABS: The 690 Enduro R enters the fray with Bosch 9M+ABS - highly effective, disengageable and optionally with offroad ABS (by means of PowerParts dongle) for real offroad riding: Freely lockable rear wheel with a sharp ABS function up front.
- KTM know its customers like to modify and to travel, which is why the PowerParts range boasts a huge variety of accessories and luggage options across its Street range of sportmotorcycles – past and present. All PowerParts are developed alongside their chosen machine, meaning that KTM riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride and provide that important ‘factory fit’ straight from the dealer.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 690 cm³
- Bore: 102 mm
- Stroke: 84.5 mm
- Power in KW: 49 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 690 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 102 x 84.5 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition