2017 Yamaha YZ250X
Light Weight X-Country Racer
YZ250X is ultimate, 2-stroke off-road racing machine built to win x-country races.
- Stunning Two-Stroke Power, Tuned for Cross-Country and Hare Scrambles Racing: The YZ250X is optimized for the unique demands of Hare Scrambles and GNCC® racing. The YPVS™-equipped 249cc two-stroke engine is combined with a wide-ratio five-speed transmission for the ultimate cross-country power plant.
- Motocross-Derived Aluminum Frame: Ultra-lightweight YZ250-spec frame features carefully engineered combination of aluminum castings, forgings and extrusions for the perfect balance of rigidity and flex, with industry-leading fully adjustable, KYB® speed sensitive spring-type suspension tested and tuned specifically for the needs of cross-country racers.
- Racing Style and Ergonomics: The YZ250X carries the racing heritage of the YZ250 motocrosser with aggressive styling from front fender to the rear brake protector, and is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum tapered handlebar, YZ-F-style foot pegs, gripper seat, and off-road specific Dunlop® tires.
- GNCC-Specific features: 18-inch rear wheel, sealed O-ring chain, wide ratio transmission, narrow expansion chamber, off-road focused tires and suspension settings, a standard side stand and fuel tank petcock with reserve position.
- New 270mm Front Brake: Larger 270mm front disc brake coupled with new pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- New Front Brake: New 270mm front disc brake (up from 250mm) also features a new brake pad material for exceptional stopping power and control for aggressive corner entries.
- GNCC-Tuned YZ250 Power: Based on the legendary YZ250 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine, the YZ250X utilizes a revised compression ratio, exhaust port timing, updated Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) timing, and a model-specific CDI unit—all focused on creating a wide, controllable power character ideal for cross-country racing.
- Revised Power Valve: The YZ250X features the patented Yamaha Power Valve System—with broader opening timing compared to the YZ250 for smoother power—to combine bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Narrow Exhaust Pipe: Unique compact exhaust expansion chamber is designed especially for the YZ250X, improving both horizontal and vertical clearance on tight, technical trails, while still providing excellent exhaust efficiency.
- Advanced Carburetor: 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with throttle position sensor provides precise fuel/air mixing and crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Racing Intake System: Specially designed carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- Wide-Ratio Gearing: Smooth-shifting, five-speed, wide-ratio transmission ensures proper gearing from tight woods sections to wide-open fire roads.
- YZ250 Cooling System: Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Updated Digital Ignition: Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband, specifically tuned for the needs of the YZ250X.
- YZ250-Based Frame: A carefully engineered aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250X the famous handling proven by the championship winning YZ250 motocross machine on tracks around the world.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- New 270mm Front Brake: New 270mm front brake system is a huge 20mm larger than the disc fitted to the 2016 YZ250X and uses an all-new pad material for exceptional stopping power and braking control.
- Industry-Leading KYB® Fork: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride, with minimal wasted stroke or abrupt shocks for the rider—all tuned for the demands of cross-country racing.
- Smooth KYB® Shock: Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort, control and fantastic rear wheel traction.
- Enduro-Specific Wheels and Tires: Cross-country-spec Dunlop® Geomax AT81 tires front and rear are ready to head straight to the races. An 18-inch rear tire has a taller sidewall to improve comfort and reduce pinch flats.
- Cross-Country Ergonomics: A racy "gripper" type seat and narrow fuel tank combine with a tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable mounts to create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Cross-Country Features: Off-road focused tires with an 18” rear wheel, wide-ratio gearing, a standard side stand, sealed O-ring chain and a reserve fuel petcock.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 7.9~9.4:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK38S
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Tires / Rear: 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
- L x W x H: 86.0 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.8 in.
- Seat Height: 38.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 4.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 14.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Wet Weight: 229 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK38S
- Front Suspension
- KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 229 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 58.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 14.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.2 in.
- 4.8 in.
- 27.7 deg.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)