2015 Suzuki GW250
Big Bike Style. Small Bike Price.
A lot of “small bikes” are just that; they’re small. The 2015 Suzuki GW250 takes a different approach. It keeps the price small, and delivers big on features, size, and performance.
The GW250 returns for 2015 in a new Candy Cardinal Red look and fairing-less naked-bike appeal.
The GW250 is a full-size motorcycle featuring first-rate components, all at an entry-level price. Suzuki fuel-injection technology feeds the 248cc liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder engine, which delivers user-friendly power focused on strong low-to-mid rpm performance. The six-speed transmission gives riders complete control of the power delivery for confident cruising at freeways speeds and on city streets.
The GW250’s long chassis delivers a comfortable ride, and the contoured seat is low to accommodate a range of riders, plus it’s roomy and comfortable for a passenger, too. This motorcycle rolls on 17-inch aluminum three-spoke wheels. Hydraulic disc brakes front and back provide consistent stopping power.
Riders looking for an affordable full-featured – and full-size – motorcycle will find a perfect fit in the 2015 Suzuki GW250.
- 248cm3, liquid-cooled SOHC in-line 2-cylinder engine has user-friendly characteristics in low-to-mid range engine speed to match with a variety of riding conditions.
- A coupling-type balancer shaft fitted to the engine’s crankshaft reduces engine vibration and enhances riding comfort.
- Fuel Injection system electronically controls the fuel volume and the injection timing to the optimum values according to the riding condition, based on information from various sensors, in order to improve fuel economy and reduce emission. This also contributes to improved idling stability and almost linear throttle response, and makes for stable performance.
- A six-speed transmission is well mated to the engine design, with the cylinders’ long-stroke design for better low- to mid-range power delivery.
- The Semi double-cradle chassis is designed to provide ample support for a variety of riding styles, while humbly securing this bike’s more visible and prominent features.
- With seven-way adjustable spring preload, the rear suspension adds to its versatility.
- Telescopic front forks soak up bumps for smooth tracking up front – whether riding rough city streets or faster open roads. Rear suspension action is handled by a mono-shock system that stays hidden from view to amplify the bike’s style.
- Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear provide consistent and controlled braking whether commuting on city streets or roaming the open road.
- Big bike looks and quality with a modern stylish design.
- Strong three-spoke 17inch aluminum wheels are wrapped in road-grabbing tires rated to provide sport-style performance through a wide range of road conditions.
- The handlebars are designed to provide a comfortable riding position. 5-way adjustable brake lever allows rider to adjust brake lever position.
- The multi-function instrumentation displays a variety of information. In the center, there is large analog tachometer with convenient digital gear position indicator. It’s flanked by a digital LCD speedometer, odometer, twin trip meter, clock and fuel gauge readouts, maintenance interval indicator and adjustable rpm indicator on the right, plus LED indicators on the left.
- The comfortable contoured seat has a low seat height of 780mm and also has passenger grab bars for comfortable tandem rides.
- 12-month limited warranty.
- Engine: 248cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, SOHC
- Fuel System: Electronic fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 110/80Z-17 M/C 57H, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 140/70Z-17 M/C 66H, tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.3 L (3.5 US gallons)
- Color: Candy Cardinal Red / Pearl Nebular Black
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Overall Length: 2145 mm (84.4 in)
- Overall Width: 760 mm (29.9 in)
- Wheelbase: 1430 mm (56.3 in)
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Seat Height: 780 mm (30.7 in)
- Curb Weight: 183 kg (403.4 lbs)
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, SOHC
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 110/80Z-17 M/C 57H, tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 140/70Z-17 M/C 66H, tubeless
- 1430 mm (56.3 in.)
- Seat Height
- 780 mm (30.7 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 13.3 L (3.5 US gal.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 183 kg (403.4 lb.)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Candy Cardinal Red / Pearl Nebular Black
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.