2013 Can-Am Commander™ Electric
In Harmony With Your Nature
Our passion for innovation leads us to create the future of electric low-speed vehicles (LSV) and off-road electric vehicles. Our goal is zero emissions. We believe that electric propulsion is one of the ways forward for the environment and will bring about another milestone on BRP’s road map toward eco-performing vehicles.
- Removable, Free-Standing Seats with Integrated Headrest and Side Padding: Premium seating with a full backrest, lumbar and shoulder support, and side bolsters for lateral support. Both seats are easily removable for comfortable seating outside the vehicle.
- Adjustable Tilt Steering and Driver's Seat: Tilt steering and an adjustable driver’s seat are easily adaptable to a range of drivers and driving styles. No tools required.
- Passenger Handholds and Grab Bar: Deliver added comfort in a variety of conditions and riding styles.
- 240-W Lighting: Four 60-W projectors provide excellent visibility. Competitive rec-utility systems only provide 60-110W.
- 1,928 cu.in. (31.6 L) of Cockpit Storage: Plenty of room for all of your gear. With a 1,050 cu in. (17.2L) glove box, a 799 cu in. (13.1L) space under the driver’s seat and another 79 cu in. (1.3L) storage spot in the center console.
- 2-in. Rear Hitch Receiver: Hauls whatever you need to get the job done.
- Configurable Battery System: The standard battery system consists of 8 sealed lead acid batteries, maintenance free, providing 9.4 kWh of energy for a range of up to 65 km (41 miles) depending on conditions. You can configure your vehicle with 12 batteries of the same type or upgrade to lithium batteries providing up to 21.2 kWh of energy and a range of up to 160 km (100 miles).
- Dual-Level Cargo Box: The industry’s first cargo box with two levels separated by a removable, water-resistant panel. Makes it possible to have an upper and lower bed – and gives you versatility for the most demanding jobs.
- ROPS-Approved Cage: 2-in. diameter, high-strength steel. Meets ROPS certification.
- Quick-Attach Side Nets: Get in and out quickly with this simple one-click system. Designed to maintain a clear field of vision when riding for both occupants.
- 3-Point Seat Belts with Anti-Cinch: Provide safety and comfort for a variety of driving styles.
- DESS® Key (Digital Encoded Security System): The industry’s first standard anti-theft device. This system provides you peace of mind that only your key can start the vehicle.
- Independent Rear Suspension (TTI): TTI is the only independent rear suspension that eliminates scrub and camber changes. Because the pivot points are ahead of the wheels, the rear wheels pivot up and down, which ensures that the vehicle only moves in the direction you point it. Contrast that to the butterfly motion of traditional rear independent suspensions. Those systems have an in-and-out motion that causes the side-by-side to move laterally, forcing the rider to make constant steering corrections to keep a straight line. TTI also features five-way, preload-adjustable motion control front shocks with 10 in. (25 cm) of travel and large-diameter shock bodies (1.4 in. / 36 mm) for better overall durability.
- Double A-Arm Front Suspension with Dive-Control Geometry: This suspension design works to eliminate diving under heavy braking and rough terrain. By controlling vehicle dive, the handling is more precise in all situations and terrain types. With five-way preload-adjustable motion-control front shocks sporting 10 in. of travel (25 cm) and large-diameter shock bodies (1.4 in. / 36 mm) for overall durability and better resistance to fading.
- On-Demand Lockable Rear Differential: The Can-Am Commander™ Electric rear differential is open to provide better handling on the road and is turf-friendly. However, when conditions warrant, it may be locked for maximum traction.
- Type: The 48 V air cooled electric motor, AC induction, peak power of 30 hp
- Transmission: Selection mode (P, R, N, Hi, Lo) Parking brake electrically actuated
- Drive Train: Selectable 2WD/4WD, shaft driven, lockable rear differential
- Frame: Steel
- Cage type: 2-in. diameter, high-strength steel, ROPS-approved
- Steering wheel adjustment: Adjustable tilt steering
- Front Suspension Type/Shocks: Double A-arm with drive-control geometry/ Motion Control shocks
- Front Suspension Travel: 10 in. (254 mm)
- Rear Suspension Type/Shocks: TTI (Torsional Trailing arm Independent) external sway bar / Motion Control shocks
- Rear Suspension Travel: 10 in. (254 mm)
- Front Brake: Dual 8.4 in. (214 mm) ventilated disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: Dual 8.4 in. (214 mm) ventilated disc brake with hydraulic single-piston caliper
- Tires/Front (Yellow): Kanda Terra Trak 635 x 229 x 305 mm (25 x 9 x 12 in.)
- Tires/Rear (Yellow): Kanda Terra Trak 635 x 280 x 305 mm (25 x 11 x 12 in.)
- Tires/Front (White–Street): Maxis Ceros 662 x 229 x 356 mm (26 x 9 x 14 in.)
- Tires/Rear (White–Street): Maxis Ceros 662 x 280 x 356 mm (26 x 11 x 14 in.)
- Tires/Front (White– Off-Road): Maxis Big Horn II 687 x 229 x 356 mm (27 x 9 x 14 in.)
- Tires/Rear (White– Off-Road): Maxis Big Horn II 687 x 280 x 356 mm (27 x 11 x 14 in.)
- Rims: Steel/Aluminum
- L x W x H (in): 118.3 x 58.6 x 72 in. (3,004 x 1,489 x 1,829 mm)
- Wheelbase: 75.8 in. (1,924 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 11 in. (279 mm)
- Dry Weight: 1,870 lb (850 kg)
- Towing Capacity: 1,500 lb (680 kg)
- Cargo Box Capacity: Total: 600 lb (272 kg); Upper: 400 lb (181 kg), Lower: 200 lb (91 kg)
- Cockpit Storage: Glove box: 4.5 gal (17.2 L); Under driver seat: 3.5 gal (13.1 L)
- Battery System Standard: 8 sealed lead acid batteries, maintenance free, 9.4 kWh
- Battery System Optional: 12 sealed lead acid batteries, maintenance free, 14.1 kWh; 8 fast charging lithium batteries, 11.3 kWh; 12 fast charging lithium batteries, 21.2 kWh
- Instrumentation: Multi-function gauge: Speedometer, instantaneous power consumption, odometer, trip and hour meters, rear differential indicator, gear position, eco mode, seat belt and 4x4 indicator, diagnostics, clock, auto shut off, state of charge
- Anti-theft System: D.E.S.S.™ (Digital Encoded Security System)
- Lighting: 4 60-watt projectors with tail lights/brake light
- DC Outlet: Lighter type in console, standard connector in the back (15A)
- Standard Color: Yellow, White
- Basic: 6 months limited factory warranty
- Polycarbonate windshield (also available in glass with two wipers)
- Mirror assembly (center and on the driver’s side)
- Turn signals
- DOT type Seatbelts
- Illuminated license plate holder
- Engine Type
- The 48 V electric motor, AC induction, peak power of 30 hp
- Front Suspension
- Double A-arm with drive-control geometry/ Motion Control shocks
- Front Brakes
- Dual 8.4 in. (214 mm) ventilated disc brakes with hydraulic twin-piston calipers
- Front Tire
- Yellow: Kanda Terra Trak 25 x 9 x 12 in. (635 x 229 x 305 mm); White-Street: Maxis Ceros 26 x 9 x 14 in. (662 x 229 x 356 mm); White-Off-Road: Maxis Big Horn II 27 x 9 x 14 in. (687 x 229 x 356 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- TTI (Torsional Trailing arm Independent) external sway bar / Motion Control shocks
- Rear Brakes
- Dual 8.4 in. (214 mm) ventilated disc brake with hydraulic single-piston caliper
- Rear Tire
- Yellow: Kanda Terra Trak 25 x 11 x 12 in. (635 x 280 x 305 mm); White-Street: Maxis Ceros 26 x 11 x 14 in. (662 x 280 x 356 mm); White-Off-Road: Maxis Big Horn II 27 x 11 x 14 in. (687 x 280 x 356 mm)
- Dry Weight
- 1,870 lb. (850 kg)
- 75.8 in. (1,924 mm)
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254 mm)
- Rear Travel
- 10 in. (254 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 11 in. (279 mm)
- Box Capacity
- Total: 600 lb. (272 kg); Upper: 400 lb. (181 kg), Lower: 200 lb. (91 kg)
- Towing Capacity
- 1,500 lb. (680 kg)
- Selection mode (P, R, N, Hi, Lo) Parking brake electrically actuated
- Drive System
- Selectable 2WD/4WD, shaft driven, lockable rear differential
- Yellow, White
- 6 months limited factory warranty